Boatsetter has three standardized cancellation policies that we will enforce to protect both the renter and boat owner. To see what the cancellation policy is for the boat you would like to book, scroll down to the bottom of the listing page. The cancellation policy is also outlined on your itinerary page. The three policies are as follows:
Boatsetter can supersede the cancellation fees if certain extenuating circumstances can be shown. For the following circumstances, the renter will receive a 100% refund and the boat owner will not receive payment:
- For reservations within 150 miles of a named or numbered storms
- Safety-related cancellations stemming from the event of lightning, thunderstorms, heavy rain, or heavy wind within eight hours or the time the of the scheduled rental
- Death in the family
- Natural disaster
- Political unrest
- An issue with the boat that causes your rental to end prematurely that is deemed to be the responsibility of the owner
- Owner cancellation, no-show, or no access to the boat. In this case, the boat owner may be subject to penalties.
- A problem arises during rental that causes the Renter to end the rental, and is determined to be due to negligence of the owner. In this case, the boat owner may be subject to penalties.
- Listing inaccuracies. If the description of the boat in the listing on the site is substantially inaccurate.
Boatsetter holds the right to require documentation of the above events for cancellation, if needed.