The following fees are related to any post-rental resolution between parties, and will only be charged to the renter's account on file if sent to email@example.com with documentation of the violated terms:
- If a renter returns a boat after the agreed rental period end time, they can be charged a late fee. This late fee is calculated by combining a one-time administrative fee of $30.00 plus the prorated hourly rental rate (based on the daily rental rate for the boat rented).
- If the late return results in the disruption of another rental or if Boatbound needs to find the owner of the boat alternative transportation due to the late return, the renter will pay the full daily rate for every eight (8) hours the boat is late and an additional $100 administrative fee. Boatbound WILL deduct the standard service fees from any late fee charge.
Dirty Boat Fee:
- If a boat is returned covered with dirt, sand, trash, food, fish blood, etc. and the renter does not wash the boat prior to returning it, the boat owner can charge the renter with an additional cleaning fee of $100.
- This fee cannot be added to the rental if the boat owner has already included a cleaning fee as a part of their rental terms. Boatbound will NOT deduct the standard Service Fees from any dirty boat fee charge.
Renter No-Show Fee:
- If a renter does not contact the boat owner or Boatbound Support to cancel the rental, the renter will be charged the total amount for the rental period until the issue is resolved.
Please note there is a 2.7% + $.55 processing fee on post-rental fees payouts to owners.