It is required that the condition of the boat is recorded pre and post rental Boatbound Check-In/Check-Out document is signed by both renter and owner. Keep in mind, it is the responsibility of both the renter and the owner to asses the boat for any new damage caused during the rental period.
This document consists of five sections:
- Safety Walkthrough - Safety equipment we recommend reviewing with the renter.
- Fuel - Prior to the booking the owner and renter will agree on a fuel policy (if applicable). Please discuss to make sure that your fuel policy is agreed upon by both parties.
- Condition (Beginning Of Booking) - Document existing damage (include photos) and the fuel/engine hours at check-in.
- Condition (End Of Booking) - Document damages, missing items (include photos) and the fuel/engine hours at check-out.
- Owner/Renter Signatures - Both renter and owner must sign the document following the completion of the rental.
At the conclusion of the rental a claim is to be reported, the boat owner must submit proper documentation of the damage assessment. Make sure to print out a copy of the Boatbound Check-In/Check-Out doc to be signed by both boat owner and renter. If there is boat damage incurred during the rental, please ask Boatbound Support to put a hold on the renter's security deposit.